| Sony Bravia |
|Price Range:|| See 8TOP Retailers Below|
|Diagonal Screen Size |
| 46 |
|Resolution: ||1080 (1920x1080)|
|Features:|| 16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel, MotionflowTM 120Hz PRO technology, x.v.ColorTM technology, DMexTM enabled:, DLNA® compliant, TV Guide® Interactive Program Guide, PC Input1 x1:, BRAVIA EngineTM 2 PRO, Live Color CreationTM technology, 24p True CinemaTM capable, BRAVIA® Sync, Xross Media BarTM (XMBTM) user interface, Ample Connection Options, VESA® compatible hole spacing, TRILUMINOS® RGB Dynamic LED Backlight, 10-bit processor / 10-bit panel:, Dynamic Video Noise Reduction, DIGITAL MEDIA PORT, PhotoTV HD, Favorites & Photo Slideshow functions with rich 3D graphics, RS-232C Control |
|Input/Output: ||Analog Audio Input, Analog Audio Input for HDMITM, Audio Out, Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input, Composite Video Input, Digital Audio Output, Digital Media Port, Ethernet Connection, HDMITM Connection, HDMITM PC Input, PC In (D-Sub) + Audio In (Stereo Mini), RF Connection Input, RS-232C Input, S-Video Detection, S-Video Input, USB 2.0 |
|Screen Refresh (ms):|| 8.33ms |
|TV Depth: ||
|Contrast Ratio:|| 1,000,000:1 |
|Number of Speakers: ||6 |
|Power Consumption: ||
|Places to Buy
Take the next step forward in HDTV technology with the KDL-46XBR8 BRAVIA® XBR® LCD flat panel HDTV. In addition to Full HD 1080p, this XBR-8 Series TV features TRILUMINOS® RGB Dynamic LED backlight which produces breathtaking images with enhanced color purity that result in deep blacks and bright whites with startling depth and exceptional shadow detail. You'll also see the difference with MotionflowTM 120Hz PRO technology which enhances motion and delivers a smoother and clearer picture. Your 1080p HD images will look more breathtaking than ever thanks to the BRAVIA EngineTM 2 PRO fully digital video processor. This XBR-8 Series TV has DMexTM functionality which lets you expand the capabilities of your HDTV by adding optional BRAVIA® Link modules (sold separately), plus it comes with plenty of connectivity options to connect your video sources.
Changing The Way You See TV
Behold breathtaking images that appear to jump off the screen. The XBR8 Series features TRILUMINOS RGB Dynamic LED Backlight technology to deliver more accurate color reproduction and higher purity of colors. Combined with local dimming technology, you'll notice brighter whites and deeper blacks with astonishing depth and extraordinary shadow detail.
The Ultimate HD Experience
With Full HD 1080p resolution panel (1920x1080), this HDTV lets you take full advantage of HD sources such as Blu-ray Disc players and PLAYSTATION®3 systems that can deliver 1080p content.
Smooth, Fast-Moving Action
Enjoy a more fluid, natural and realistic viewing experience while watching fast-action sports and movies. Motionflow 120Hz PRO technology enhances sharpness and delivers smooth motion for fast-action pictures. Sequential scanning technology further improves picture clarity by reducing image lag.
Seeing is Believing
Experience a supremely sharp, crystal clear image from any video resolution with BRAVIA Engine® 2 PRO. It's Sony's most advanced video processing system optimizing standard definition and high definition to maximize contrast, color and brightness and motion while reducing noise.
Color Us Green
For more than 10 years, Sony has promoted the use of recycled plastics and has continued to reuse over 16,000 tons of plastic per year since 2006.
A Broader Color Spectrum
By combining a 10-bit processor and 10-bit panel, the BRAVIA XBR8 Series is able to display billions of colors. You'll also notice smoother color transitions and avoid a picture with a "paint by numbers" look.
- 16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel -
16:9 Full HD 1080p resolution panel (1920 x 1080) accepts any HDTV signal and renders it with optimum resolution.
- MotionflowTM 120Hz PRO technology -
MotionflowTM 120Hz PRO technology couples a high 120Hz frame rate with sequential scanning technology, which controls the backlight to horizontally divide frames and reduce visual flickering. The combination of high frame rate and sequential scanning significantly reduces source image blur and judder in film sources, HD content, broadcast movies, and primetime programming, and helps create smoother, more fluid motion for a natural and realistic viewing experience.
- x.v.ColorTM technology -
x.v.ColorTM technology2 adopts the x.v.YCC international color standard to display nearly twice as many (1.8x) viewable colors than the existing RGB color standard.
- DMexTM enabled: -
DMexTM functionality expands your HDTV’s capabilities by letting you connect optional BRAVIA® Link modules, including the BRAVIA Internet Video Link, BRAVIA DVD Link, BRAVIA Wireless Link, and BRAVIA Input Link (all sold separately)3.
- DLNA® compliant -
DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliance allows BRAVIA® XBR®8-Series HDTVs to access digital photos from DLNA-enabled PCs and other devices4.
- TV Guide® Interactive Program Guide -
Sony® has integrated the TV Guide® Interactive Program Guide into the exclusive Xross Media BarTM user interface to deliver regularly updated program listings.
- PC Input1 x1: -
A PC input connector (HD-15 pin) allows you to connect your PC (up to 1920x1080p resolution) and use the BRAVIA® XBR®8-Series HDTV as a computer monitor1.
- BRAVIA EngineTM 2 PRO -
BRAVIA EngineTM 2 PRO is Sony’s most advanced video processing system, utilizing the latest generation of Digital Reality Creation technology to render a supremely sharp, crystal clear image from any video resolution.
- Live Color CreationTM technology -
Live Color CreationTM technology utilizes special processing to refine colors and deliver a more realistic picture.
- 24p True CinemaTM capable -
24p True CinemaTM mode enables you to enjoy films at their intended 24 fps (frames per second) when viewed using a 24p capable output device, such as a Blu-ray DiscTM player.
- BRAVIA® Sync -
BRAVIA® Sync capability allows you to control CEC-enabled components connected via HDMITM input. Use your BRAVIA® HDTV remote control to play Blu-ray DiscTM or DVD movies, access home theater settings, and even operate compatible Handycam® camcorders with a convenient on-screen display6.
- Xross Media BarTM (XMBTM) user interface -
Xross Media BarTM (XMBTM) makes it simple and intuitive to navigate the television's menus, controls, and user settings.
- Ample Connection Options -
BRAVIA® XBR®8-Series LCD HDTVs offers four HDMITM inputs (up to 1080/60p capable) that transmit uncompressed digital video and multi-channel audio over one cable, as well as two HD component connections (1080/60p capable), giving you the flexibility you need to connect the latest video sources.
- VESA® compatible hole spacing -
VESA® compatible hole spacing uses an industry-standard mounting hole pattern that can be used with VESA-compliant mounting brackets, taking the guesswork out of selecting the proper hardware for hanging your TV on the wall.
- TRILUMINOS® RGB Dynamic LED Backlight -
TRILUMINOS® RGB LED backlight technology aligns individual clusters of red, green, and blue LEDs to produce a significantly higher purity of primary colors than single white LED backlights, resulting in more accurate color reproduction. This clustered arrangement also allows the XBR®8 to adjust the brightness of the backlight in units of small blocks, so it can display deep blacks in one portion of the screen and bright whites in another, producing images with enhanced depth, three-dimensionality and exceptionally accurate shadow detail. And, because it uses LEDs rather than the fluorescent tubes found in many HDTVs, the TRILUMINOS® RGB Dynamic LED backlight also promises exceptionally long life.
- 10-bit processor / 10-bit panel: -
The BRAVIA® XBR®8-Series HDTV combines a 10-bit processor and 10-bit panel to create and display billions of colors. Using both a 10-bit processor and 10-bit panel allows for 64 times the level of color expression in 8-bit panels, resulting in smoother color transitions and helping to avoid giving the picture a “paint-by-numbers” look.
- Dynamic Video Noise Reduction -
Dynamic Video Noise Reduction adaptive technology analyzes the motion, sharpness, and brightness of each scene in real time to identify various types of noise and reduce unwanted artifacts without compromising the video signal.
- DIGITAL MEDIA PORT -
The DIGITAL MEDIA PORT connection allows the use of an optional DIGITAL MEDIA PORT cradle to connect digital devices directly to your BRAVIA® HDTV.
- PhotoTV HD -
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, Full HD 1920x1080p images with the PhotoTV HD5 mode. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your BRAVIA® XBR®8-Series HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that more closely match the look of printed photographs.
- Favorites & Photo Slideshow functions with rich 3D graphics -
Favorites and Photo Slideshow functions feature rich 3D graphics that make it easy and fun to quickly access video content and digital photos to share with family and friends.
- RS-232C Control -
RS-232C connectivity enables you to operate your BRAVIA® HDTV using home control and automation systems.
Model Number: KDL-46XBR8
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Contrast Ratio: 1,000,000:1
Sound System: Stereo System : MTS
- Tuner (Cable) : QAM
- Tuner (Terrestrial) : ATSC, NTSC
Language Options: Multiple Language Display : English, Spanish, French
Backlight Type: LED with Local dimming
Comb Filter: 3D Comb Filter
Input Output Location: Side, Rear
- AC Power Input : 1 (Rear)
- Analog Audio Input(s) (Total) : 6 (1 Side/5 Rear)
- Analog Audio Input(s) for HDMITM : Yes
- Audio Out : 1 (Rear)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) : 2 (Rear)
- Composite Video Input(s) : 3 (1 Side/2 Rear)
- Digital Audio Output(s) : Optical Digital Output - 1 (Rear)
- Digital Media Port : 1 (Rear)
- Ethernet Connection(s) : 1 (Rear)
- HDMITM Connection(s) (Total) : 4 (1 Side/3 Rear)
- HDMITM PC Input : Yes
- PC In (D-Sub) + Audio In (Stereo Mini) : 1 (Rear)
- RF Connection Input(s) : 1 (Rear)
- RS-232C Input(s) : Yes
- S-Video Detection : Yes
- S-Video Input(s) : 1 (Rear)
- USB 2.0 : 1 (Side)
- Video Signal : 480/60i, 480/60p, 720p, 1080/60i, 1080/24p (HDMITM only), 1080/60p (HDMITM / Component)
- 24p True CinemaTM Technology : Yes
- 3D Comb Filter : Yes
- 4:3 Default : Yes
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE) : Yes
- Auto Wide : Yes
- CineMotion® Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology : Yes
- Deep Color : Yes
- Display Technology : LCD (178° wide viewing angle LCD display panels)
- Game Text Mode : Yes
- Image Blur Reduction : Yes
- Live Color CreationTM Technology : Yes
- MPEG Noise Reduction : Yes
- MotionflowTM PRO : 120Hz
- PhotoTV HD : Yes
- Picture Mode : Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Custom; Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Original, Photo-Custom
- Video Processing : Bravia Engine 2PROTM Technology
- Wide Mode : Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, H Stretch (HD), Zoom
- x.v.ColorTM Technology : Yes
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out : Yes
- Alternate Audio (Digital) : Yes
- Audio Out : Yes
- Auto Mute (on no signal) : Yes
- Auto SAP : Yes
- Digital Amplifier : Yes
- Dolby® : Dolby® Digital
- Simulated Surround : Yes
- Sony Original Surround : S-Force®
- Sound Booster : Yes
- Sound Mode : Dynamic, Standard, Clear Voice
- SteadySound® Automatic Volume Control : Yes
- Stereo System : MTS
- Voice Zoom : Yes
- Audio Power Output : 10 W + 10 W, 12 W + 12 W (Woofer)
- Speakers (Total) : 6
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term : 18 Months Parts / 18 Months Labor
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Color Range (u'v') : 122%
- Color Range (xy) : 105%
- Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio : Over 1,000,000:1
- Native Resolution : 1920x1080
- Panel Bit : 10-bit
- Screen Size (measured diagonally) : 45.5"
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178° (89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178° (89/89)
Weights and Measurements
- Auto CC on Mute : Yes
- BRAVIA® Link Module support : Yes
- Closed Caption Button : Yes
- Closed Captions (CC) : Yes
- Illuminated Sony Logo : Yes
- On-Screen Display : Enhanced GUI + XMB
- RS-232C Control : Yes
- Touch Sensor : Yes
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 49.625 x 29.125 x 12.5 in (1259 x 737 x 315mm) with pedestal; 49.625 x 27 x 5.75 in (1259 x 685 x 144mm) without pedestal
- Weight (Approx.) : 81.8 lbs. (37.1kg) with pedestal; 71.6 lbs. (32.5kg) without pedestal
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Television Type : Flat Panel LCD HDTV
- Energy Star® compliant : Yes
- LightSensorTM Technology : Yes
- PC Power Management : Yes
- Power Saving Modes : Yes
- BRAVIA® SyncTM : Yes
- BRAVIA® SyncTM Menu Button : Yes
- Channel Block (with password) : Yes
- Channel Jump : Yes
- Channel Labels : Yes
- Channel Surf : Yes
- Edit Channel Labels : Yes
- Favorite Channel : Yes
- Freeze : Yes
- ID-1 Detection : Yes
- Info Banner : Yes
- Initial Setup : Yes
- Input Skip : Yes (Auto)
- Label Inputs : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English, Spanish, French
- On-Screen Clock : Yes
- On-Screen Display for External Input : Yes
- On/Off Timer : Yes
- PAP (Fixed or Variable) : Fixed
- PAP (Picture & Picture) : Yes
- PIP (Picture in Picture) : Yes
- Parental Control : Yes
- Program Guide Access : Yes
- Show/Hide Channels : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- Swap Sound : Yes
- TV Guide On-Screen : Yes
- Theatre Mode (Theatre Button) : Yes
- USB Application(s) : Music Player (mp3), Photo Viewer (jpeg)
- Backlight Type : LED with Local dimming
- Number of Tuners (Analog) : 1
- Number of Tuners (Digital) : 1
- TV System (Analog) : NTSC
- TV System (Digital) : ATSC
- Tuner (Cable) : QAM
- Tuner (Terrestrial) : ATSC, NTSC
Regulation and Standard Compliance
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max. : 350W
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : 0.3W
- Power Requirements (voltage) : AC120-240V
- VESA® Hole Pitch : 300 x 300 mm, M6 Screw Type, 16mm Screw Length
- VESA® Hole Spacing Compatible : Yes
What's In The Box / Included Accessories:
- RM-YD024 Remote Control
- Operating Instructions
- Table Top Stand (separate)
- 2 x AA
- Quick Setup Guide
- AC Power Cord
- Warranty Card